Weight management service
If you’re registered with a Lambeth GP, you can ask for a referral to the new weight management service provided by Guy’s and St Thomas' NHS Trust.
This high-quality, individualised service includes:
- practical sessions to increase physical activity levels
- education to improve diet and reduce calorie intake.
The combination of education and practice can help users to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
You will need to ask your GP to make a referral for a clinical assessment. You will be assessed on whether the programme is right for you based on:
- your body mass index (BMI)
- any long-term health conditions, such as diabetes
- your motivation to change
- your motivation to stick to the plan to find your healthy weight.
For more information, please visit the Guy's and St Thomas' NHS website.