The Economic Inclusion team has created a new online portal, Opportunity Lambeth. It provides access to lots of different opportunities, including jobs, apprenticeships, work experience and training.
The Opportunity Lambeth website asks job-seekers to tell us more about their situation so that we can direct them to the right type of support. People who have serious barriers to getting into work, education or training will be given more intensive support by the St Giles Trust, a charity that helps people facing severe disadvantage to find jobs, homes and the right support they need. St Giles will engage with the resident and support them to overcome their barriers through one to one tailored support.
Residents who do not meet the criteria for additional support – so, those without significant barriers to employment – are progressed directly to an online registration which allows them to apply for the roles advertised on the website.
St Giles Trust has been commissioned to provide the Opportunity Lambeth Web Response service. This service will include:
- Oversight and review of new registrations by residents on Opportunity Lambeth.
- For those clients meeting the triage criteria, assessment of barriers to employment and identification of support needs.
- Development of a local provider directory (i.e. organisations who can support residents into employment or address barriers)
- Referrals of clients to specialist support providers, but with ongoing tracking by St Giles to ensure clients are remaining engaged and needs are being addressed.
- End-to-end web-based recruitment services (e.g. client matching, vacancy promotion and management, employer engagement)
- Promotion of Opportunity Lambeth website and recruitment portal.