Our in-house service provides a comprehensive range of public health and pest control clearance services.
Sections in this guide (click title to view)
- 1. How we can help
- 2. Costs for the pest control service
- 3. What makes treatment less effective
- 4. Urban foxes
- 5. Contact public health and pest control
1. How we can help
We deal with pests and vermin including (but not limited to):
- rats and mice
- bed bugs
- tropical ants.
The service covers residential, commercial premises and includes the treatment of whole blocks of flats.
- We offer services to deal with threats to public health including clearance of rubbish, dead animals, noxious matter, body fluids, rotting food and hypodermic needles.
- We also clear pigeon mess and undertake pigeon proofing.
2. Costs for the pest control service
The cost of pest control for 2017/18 for commercial and private premises is as follows:
|Service||Cost per hour (excluding VAT)|
|All pests - Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm||£110|
|All pests - All other times||£164|
|Wasp nests - without access equipment||£65|
|Wasp nests - with access equipment||£86|
|Block control treatments||£110|
Council tenants do not have to pay for pest control services. To arrange an appointment, council tenants should call 020 7926 8860.
3. What makes treatment less effective
Factors that can make treatment less effective include:
- re-infestation from outside sources
- building defects
- failure to take preventative precautions or advice on good housekeeping practices
- weather conditions affecting outside treatments - some treatments are not effective against some insect pests before they hatch.
4. Urban foxes
Foxes are a common sight in urban areas.
5. Contact public health and pest control
You can contact us by phone, email or letter, or you can visit our offices:
Public Health and Pest Control
26 Wanless Road
Telephone: 020 7926 8860