Report a concern about a child

Use this guide to help spot the signs of child abuse and report a concern.

What happens next

When you call your local children’s social care team, your concern will be listened to and assessed. Information is usually gathered from many sources, and your report would form one part of a bigger picture.

If significant concerns are raised about a child, a social worker will make an assessment and decide what support to provide.

It may be that the concerns are unfounded and no further action is necessary, although all concerns are taken seriously.