What to do in an emergency

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger or needs urgent medical attention, call 999.

Quickly exit this page

If you or someone you know is in immediate danger or needs urgent medical attention, call 999.

If you need urgent police assistance when you dial 999, but cannot speak, press 55 when prompted and the call will go through to the police. This is called the Silent Solutions system and only works from mobile phones.

For any non-emergency situation that requires police assistance, call 101 or make a report online

Urgent medical treatment

If you or anyone you know has sustained serious and significant injuries following an assault, call 999.

If you require specialist, urgent support following a rape or sexual assault in the past 7 days, contact The Havens Sexual Assault Referral Centre on 020 3299 6900 (24 hours a day). 

See details of walk-in centres, urgent care centres and minor injuries units near you.

Mental health crisis support

If you or someone you know is experiencing a mental health emergency and is at immediate risk to themselves or others, call 999.

If you or someone you know is experiencing mental health crisis and is in extreme distress, contact South London and Maudsley (SLaM) NHS Trust 24-hour mental health crisis line on 0800 731 2864 (option 1)

You can also call the Samaritans on 116 123 for round-the-clock support, or contact them by email, post or online chat.

Quickly exit this page

Report a safeguarding concern

Safeguarding children

If you are concerned that a child is at risk of harm, contact Lambeth Children’s Services on 020 7926 5555.

Lambeth Children’s Services help children and families who require support and protection, and work together with the family to manage any safeguarding concerns.

See more information on how to report a concern about a child to Lambeth Children’s Services.

Safeguarding adults

If you are concerned about an ‘adult at risk’, who is experiencing (or at risk of experiencing) abuse and may have care and support needs, contact Lambeth Adult Social Care on 020 7926 5555.

See more information on how to report a concern about an adult to Lambeth Adult Social Care.


If you feel unsafe in your home and need emergency accommodation, contact the Lambeth Housing Advice Team on:

Get information on housing advice and homelessness prevention.

For emergency housing repairs to council properties, contact Lambeth housing management on 020 7926 6666.

For immediate support, including refuge accommodation, contact the National Domestic Abuse Helpline via:

Quickly exit this page

Safety in public spaces

If you have experienced assault or harassment on public transport, contact the British Transport Police by calling or texting 61016.

Selected businesses and venues around Lambeth have signed up to become Safe Havens, providing temporary refuge and safety for women and other vulnerable people while out at night in. Participating venues display the Safe Havens logo in their window. Whilst the Safe Haven cannot provide specialist interventions, staff can contact emergency services, family and friends, and signpost to specialist services where needed. 

Lambeth Safe Haven logo

Take part in Lambeth Safer Streets and let us know where you feel safe or unsafe in Lambeth using our interactive online map. Tell us why and suggest what we can do to help. Sharing your concerns and ideas will help us to make a safer borough for everyone.