Report anti-social behaviour on your estate

Use this guide to help you when dealing with anti-social behaviour on your estate.

How to report

To help keep estates in the borough safe for the local community and reduce anti-social behaviour (ASB) and crime, it is important residents report any issues to the police or council, who you report to will depend on the nature and severity of the situation.

We work closely with neighbourhood policing teams who rely on us and the information we provide to them, to help them to keep us all safe, so it is important to report any incidents on your estate.

Ways to report ASB and crime

Reporting ASB and crime can be done anonymously to protect your identity.

You should always call 999 in an emergency. For example, if there is an immediate threat of danger or harm to life.

For non-emergencies you can report a crime online by visiting the Metropolitan Police website, you will be able to report a range of issues including:

  • Crime
  • Anti-social behaviour
  • Fraud
  • Road traffic incident
  • Missing person
  • Stolen property
  • Civil dispute

For a non-emergency, you can also call the police on 101 to report a crime or anti-social behaviour.

Other ways to report a crime:

  • In-person: at Brixton Police Station front office (367 Brixton Road, London SW9 7DD)
  • Call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 to report crimes anonymously

Email: Safer Neighbourhoods Team

Report issues that are not time-critical and can potentially wait a couple of days as this inbox is not monitored 24/7. But our local police need your information.

Make a report to the council

What you need to know...

When reporting anti-social behaviour to the council, let us know what:

  • has happened - it will help if you have dates and times
  • you think caused the problem
  • action you've taken so far - have you talked to the police, a member of our staff, or any other organisation?

How to report:

Reporting domestic abuse or violence

If you are experiencing violence or abuse at home and not in danger of immediate threat or danger you can:

If you or a child are in immediate threat of danger or harm this is an emergency, and you should call 999.