Apply for a personal carers parking permit

If you are carer, use this form to apply for a personal carers parking permit.

Who can use this service

You can apply for a permit if you are caring for a resident within one of Lambeth's controlled parking zones. Personal carers parking permits are for the sole use of the cared for person’s carer (family or friend).

To apply for a personal carers permit an application form should be completed above.

The permit application must be accompanied with a declaration by Gp-Social Services and proof of residency for carers and the cared for. This application is for on-street permits CPZ only and is not valid for Housing Estates. Carers do not need to live in Lambeth.

Apply for a personal carers parking permit

Costs for this service

We will be increasing our personal carers parking permit from the 2 April. See more information on the increase in charges.

DurationChargeWith diesel surcharge (£)
6 months£41.08£125.08
3 months£23.47£83.67

What you need to know

Our personal carers parking permits allow you to park in resident bays and resident shared use bays in the CPZ in which the cared for person lives and have the following rules and guidance:

The personal carers permits are restricted to two permits per household for the parking of carers vehicles and for those residents living within a CPZ, who require help in the provision of their care.

The permit can be used for family or friends, for a maximum of 3 hours using a time clock.

The person you care for should live within a London Borough of Lambeth Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ) and you must be the registered keeper, or sole user for your vehicle.

For your address to qualify as your 'main residence' you would normally spend approximately four nights a week there and pay the relevant Council Tax. It is not the address of the cared for person.

Purchasing this permit does not guarantee you a parking space outside the cared for persons home.

The cost of the permit will be £23.47 for 3 months, £41.08 for 6 months and £70.42 for 12 months. . The permit is only valid for the CPZ in which the visit is being made. See full terms and conditions.

How to cancel

If you would like to cancel your permit you may be entitled to a refund. Fill out the Bacs authorisation form and attach this onto the permit refund form.