Covid-19: Recycling centres opening
Vale Street recycling centre re-opened on Thursday 14 May 2020. Although we will be open, this is not a return to normal operations. We have introduced new measures to keep residents and staff safe and to reduce queues. As part of Lambeth’s commitment to supporting sustainable travel, Vale Street now accepts bookings from residents travelling on foot or by bike.
- Anyone in self-isolation or with COVID-19 symptoms must not visit under any circumstances
- You must book a time slot if you wish to visit the site, this includes all visitors arriving by bike or on foot.
- You must bring proof of address documentation and present it to our staff on site.
- The number of visitors on-site will be restricted, please be patient if there are short queues.
- Cars should be driver-only where possible. If you need help to unload, please bring a household member with you who can assist. Groups of more than two or with children or pets will not be allowed to enter.
- Social distancing at 2m will be strictly enforced
- Operatives cannot assist the public with unloading due to social distancing
- Only one person will be allowed on a gantry at a time.
- We advise residents to wear gloves and masks when attending site, as well as appropriate clothing e.g. closed shoes and long trousers
- There will be no sales of pro-grow compost or compost bins
- Batteries, books, CDs and DVDs are now being accepted for recycling
- Alternatively you can use our online form to book a bulky waste collection from your home.
The Reuse and Recycling Centre
Is open to Lambeth residents only.
Every time you visit the site, you will need to show proof of an address in Lambeth such as a:
- current council tax bill
- drivers licence
- household bill (for example water, gas or telephone)
- parking permit
- recent bank statement
- rent or mortgage statement
- tenancy agreement.
Commercial waste is prohibited.
Please note: Lambeth Reuse and Recycling Centre is closed on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
020 7926 9000 (option 1, option 4, option 4)
See the bottom of this page for a full list of opening times. The site accepts items for reuse and recycling only. We do not accept rubbish for disposal.
Please see below for a full list of materials accepted.
If you need to dispose of rubbish you can take it to Smugglers Way Reuse and Recycling Centre or book a bulky waste collection.
|Monday||7.30am to 4.30pm|
|Thursday||7.30am to 4.30pm|
|Friday||7.30am to 4.30pm|
|Saturday||8am to 5pm|
|Sundays||8am to 5pm|
|Christmas Day and Boxing Day||Closed|
Recycling and re-use
|Item||Recycle||Re-use||Repair||Borrow / Hire|
|Water filters (any brand)||x|
|Cardboard and paper||x|
|Carpet (no underlay)||x|
|Fire extinguishers (empty)||x|
|Food and drink cans||x|
|Food and drink cartons||x|
|Garden hand tools||x||x|
|Garden waste (vegetation only - no logs)||x|
|Glass bottles and jars||x|
|Lightbulbs and tubes||x|