Documents to provide
The parent or carer who makes the application must provide:
- two documents confirming their address
- one document confirming their child's address
- one document confirming their child's date of birth.
Confirming your address
You can either provide:
- two documents from Section A
- one document from Section A and one document from Section B.
- Council Tax statement or letter - This must be supplied if you are the council taxpayer and must be for the current financial year
- Tenancy agreement - Must be current and include the pages that show the names of the tenants. If this is a new address, you must supply a letter from a solicitor confirming exchange of contracts. If child is named on this, it can be used as a proof of address for the child if no other child documents are available.
- Benefit letter or Universal Credit notice - Must be for the current financial year.
- Income Support or benefit letter or Universal Credit notice (if not used above) - Must be for the current financial year.
- TV licence - Must be for current year.
- Utility bill - Must not be more than three months old. Mobile phone bills will not be accepted.
- Driving licence - Must be current.
Confirming your child's address
You must provide one of the following documents to confirm your child’s name and address:
- Child Tax Credit Award or Universal Credit notice - Must be for current financial year. Please copy all pages of the letter to include the home address, parents name and child’s details.
- Child Benefit letter - Must be for current financial year. All pages of the letter to include the home address and child’s name. HMRC will provide you with a confirmation letter of this on request even if you do not receive payment.
- Child NHS registration card - Must show your child's name and address.
- Medical letter or prescription - Must not be more than 12 months old.
- Immigration documents - Must show address.
- Letter signed by 'No recourse to public fund' team - Must state child and parent/carer's name and address.
- Letter signed by social services if child is a looked after child - Must state the child and carer’s name and address.
- Copy or screenshot of the most up-to-date Childcare Service Application Summary pages from your HMRC Government Gateway Account regarding your child’s 30-hour free childcare funding (Reception starting in the next academic year only) - Must contain parent/carer and child’s details, including address and child’s date of birth and show date accessed.
Confirming your child's date of birth
You must provide one of the following documents to confirm your child’s date of birth:
- Birth certificate - Must be a full copy.
- Passport - Must be current.
- EU National Identity Card - Must be current.
- Prescription or medical letter - Must have the child's name and date of birth printed on it.
If none of the documents can be provided
If you can't provide any of the documents above, a sworn affidavit, statutory declaration or affirmation must be provided.
It must state the parent and child's full name, address, the date you started living at that address and the child’s date of birth.
The document must signed by a solicitor holding a current practising certificate issued by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
Please note that Lambeth Council can't contribute towards the cost of obtaining this documentation.