Make a complaint

We want to provide a good service to everyone but things can go wrong. If this happens we want to know about it so that we can put it right.

Reporting an issue

If you are reporting an issue for the first time, we need the chance to resolve it before you submit a formal complaint.

Each service within the council can resolve common issues directly. This saves you from having to wait 20 working days for a formal response from our complaints team.

You can speak to them by phone, write to them or report it online.

Find contact details for the service you need

Some services also have separate appeals arrangements, which are not a part of our complaints process. Common types of complaints that fall into this category are appeals and disputes relating to:

  • penalty charge notices
  • applications and planning enforcement
  • school admissions
  • housing benefit reviews
  • disabled Blue Badges.

See appeals, disputes and exceptions to the complaints process for more details.

If you want to make a formal complaint please continue to find out more about our complaints process and how you can make a complaint to the council.