Report a concern about an adult

Use this guide to find information and advice on reporting your concerns about an adult.

Report neglect or abuse of an adult

In an emergency, you should always call the police on 999. Alternatively, if it is not an emergency, call them on 101.

Contact Lambeth Adult Social Care

If you think an adult is at risk of being neglected or abused, or someone is neglecting or abusing you, please contact the Lambeth Adult Social Care team:

Report it online

Safeguarding adults online form

Report it by phone

Tell someone else

There are also safeguards in place to make sure that people in care homes and hospitals are looked after in a way that does not inappropriately restrict their freedom. If you think someone is being illegally deprived of their liberty, visit the Lambeth Safeguarding Adults Board website.

There are also charities that can offer advice and support:

  • Hourglass - charity dedicated to ending the harm, abuse and exploitation of older people across the UK.
  • Respond - offers specialist support services to people with learning disabilities, autism, or both, who have experienced abuse, violence or trauma.
  • Lambeth Living Well Network Hub -  offers information and support for concerns relating to mental health.