In Thornton we have completed the following schemes as part of the Our Streets programme:
- Thornton Road crossing improvements - introduced a new crossing between the junctions with Hydethorpe Road and Parkthorne Road.
- Thornton Road - replaced speed cushions with five full-width road humps.
- Radbourne Road/Hydethorpe Road junction improvements - built out the footway on Radbourne Road and Hydethorpe Road to increase space for pedestrians and reduce the crossing width.
- Hydethorpe Road - replaced speed cushions with five full-width road humps.
- Emmanuel Road crossing improvements - a new pedestrian crossing facility on Emmanuel Road, directly to the east of the junction with Glenfield Road, to provide a safer route to an existing common footpath.
- Emmanuel Road - replaced speed cushions with seven full-width road humps.