The Research and Statistics Unit undertakes ground breaking research into what works in schools. The aim of the research is to investigate how schools have helped groups of pupils to achieve high standards and to identify significant common themes for success in raising achievement. Key questions for research include:
- What are the factors contributing to this success?
- Is there any difference in the success factors between different groups?
- What are the implications for improvement?
- Narrowing the Achievement Gap for Disadvantaged Pupils 2018
- The Achievement of Black Caribbean Pupils - Good Practice 2017
- Black Caribbean Underachievement in Schools in England 2017
- Mixed Race Pupils' Educational Achievement in England 2016
- English as an Additional Language and Attainment in Primary Schools in England 2016
- The Achievement of Somali Pupils in Lambeth: Research Brief 2016
- The Underachievement of Black Caribbean Heritage Pupils in Schools 2016
- What Works in School Improvement 2015
- Narrowing the Achievement Gap - Good Practice in Schools 2015
- Transforming Education: The Lambeth Story 2015
- Raising Achievement of White Working Class Pupils 2014
- Raising the Achievement of Black African Pupils: Good practice in schools 2013
- Outstanding Primary Schools: A study of good practice 2013
- Using Data to Raise Achievement: Good practice in schools 2013
- Language Diversity in Primary Schools 2012
- Raising Achievement of EAL Pupils: Good practice in schools 2011 & 2012
- Outstanding Secondary Schools: A study of good practice 2010
- Raising Achievement of White Working Class Pupils 2008 & 2009
- Raising Achievement of Portuguese Pupils: Good practice in schools 2008
- Raising Achievement of Somali Pupils: Good practice in London schools 2007 & 2008
- Achievement of African Heritage Pupils: Good practice in schools 2005 & 2006
- Raising Achievement of Mobile Pupils: Good practice in schools 2004 & 2005
- Raising Achievement of Black Caribbean Pupils: Good practice in schools 2003
These reports are a celebration of Lambeth schools achievement; it reflects the key characteristics of the case study schools and is intended to be a practical resource to support other schools in strengthening their work in raising achievement.