Search and filter results
Library facilities and services
Displaying 1 - 10 of 11
- Brixton Library in the heart of Brixton, on Windrush Square is a beautiful Grade II listed building, open 7 days a week. On the ground floor there is the children’s library, adult fiction and a gallery room that can be hired for events. On the first floor there is a large non-fiction library, quiet study space and a reference library. The library is open 7 days a week. Thank you for your patience during our recent closure for building works. The first stage of the works to install new toilets including a dedicated toilet in the children’s library is now complete. Work to install a new lift giving access to all floors including new rooms for events and activities and rooms for hire in our basement is ongoing. We are also installing two new meeting PODS on the first floor, reflooring and decorating throughout as well as reconfiguring the children’s library to make it bigger and more secure. This work will continue until the end of May. During this period there will be occasional noise within the building and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Carnegie Library is a picturesque Grade II listed building on Herne Hill Road on the edge of Ruskin Park. At the back of the library there is a lovely garden where you can sit and read in the summer.
- Situated in the Mary Seacole Centre on Clapham High Street, this stunning, modern, award-winning building is the largest library in Lambeth. There is a central performance space and meeting rooms which can be hired. The library is open 7 days a week.
- Durning Library is located in Kennington, close to the tube station. It provides books, Wi-Fi, computers, printing, study space and more.
- Lambeth Archives have collections reflecting the history of the borough, it is the borough's record office and local history library. They are currently relocating to a new building in central Brixton.
- Minet Library is on Knatchbull Road in Myatts Fields and close to Loughborough Junction.
- Streatham Library, at 63 High Road, Streatham, is a Grade II listed building. The library’s Mark Bennett hall is available for hire.
- Tate South Lambeth Library is located in South Lambeth in the heart of Lambeth’s Portuguese community, a short distance from Stockwell, Vauxhall and Nine Elms.
- Upper Norwood Library is located on Westow Hill in Crystal Palace triangle.
- Waterloo Library is at The Oasis Centre, opposite Lambeth North tube station.