We normally collect all your waste and clear your street of litter on the same day.
The weekly collection includes:
- black bins or sacks for rubbish
- green bins or recycling sacks for recycling
- food waste, for most houses and maisonettes
- garden waste, if you've signed up for this service
- bulky waste, if you've paid for a collection
- electrical waste, for most houses and maisonettes
Leave your bin:
- out by 6am on your collection day (unless you live in a timed collection area)
- where it can be seen easily
- at the front of your property
We will not collect your bin if it:
- is not left for collection at the front of your property
- contains waste that should be in a different bin
- is over-filled and the lid does not close
Check the rules for collection of each of your bins to make sure we're able to collect them.
Timed collection areas
Five of our town centres have timed collection areas. If you live in one of these, you can only put your waste out at set times on your collection days.
Bank holiday collections
Our collections do not change on most bank holidays.
If your collection day is Christmas Day and New Year's Day, we will collect the day after instead.