How to report a highway issue
Reporting an issue online
Reporting a highway issue online is easier and quicker. Furthermore, it also saves money, which can be used to improve services.
It takes about 2 minutes using the steps listed below;
- Follow the link to the online form
- Read the information on the entry screen, then either select the 'Start' button or enter your saved reference number and select the 'Continue' button.
- Select a category that best describes the issue. For example, to report a pothole, select the ‘Road and pavement surfaces’ category.
- Some report types allow for a further specific issue description from a dropdown menu. For example to report a pothole, you would have first selected the 'Road and pavement surfaces' category, and you will then select 'Report a pothole', from the displayed dropdown menu.
- Enter your contact details or remain anonymous
- Pinpoint the location of the issue on the map.
- You can click on the map to select the location of the issue.
- You can search for the location by typing the road name or postcode in the search box.
- You can also use the "My location" option, which will use your current location.
- Provide further information about the the issue.
- Select the 'Submit' option.