Conservation area profiles

Profiles of Lambeth’s conservation areas, including designation reports, appraisals and maps to download.

Telford Park (CA44)

Reference number: CA 44

First designated: 9 September 1994

A development of suburban houses along Criffel Avenue, Killieser Avenue, Telford Road and parts of Kirkstall Road and Thornton Avenue, laid out between 1878 and 1882.

The architect was EJ Tarver, who skilfully ensured that no two of his Queen Anne-style houses on the estate were identical. The lawn tennis club, also within the conservation area, was opened in 1880 and is the second oldest in England after Wimbledon.

CA 44 - Telford Park Designation Appraisal (1994)

CA 44 - Telford Park Designation Report (1994)

CA 44 - Telford Park Map