The funding is to put in low level, early support to improve outcomes for the child and reduce longer term costs.
Examples of how providers can use the Early Years Inclusion Fund include:
- Extra staff time to support specific interventions.
- Specialist or one-off extra training, or to upskill a team or staff member.
- Specialist support, such as speech and language therapy, which may benefit more than one child.
- Support for coordinating key worker duties, such as the team around the child.
- Help for children who are transitioning to school, releasing key workers to support the process by spending time at the school.
- Support to produce resources for specific children where they may not need one-to-one worker support.