Two courses for families of autistic children. Early Bird+ is for families with younger children. Teen Life is for families with 10 to 16 year olds.
The NAS (National Autistic Society) Early Bird+ course is for families with autistic children aged 4 to 10. The course lasts for 10 sessions, which includes 2 home visits. Families must live in Lambeth, and the children must be at a Lambeth school.
What parents/carers get from Early Bird+
- Working together to better understand autism
- Sharing strategies that help autistic children learn
- Enabling parents to make a difference – they are the experts on their child
- Learning from other families and autism professionals
Early Bird+ covers 3 key areas:
- Understanding autism
- Communication needs of autistic children
- Using strategies that work
To learn more about the Early Bird+ course, and how to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Life is another NAS course. It's a 6 session programme for families of 10 to 16 year old autistic young people. The programme allows them to understand more about how teenagers experience autism.
- Understanding autism in teenagers
- Self-esteem and spending time with other people
- Stress and anxiety
- Puberty and independence
- Education and planning for the future.
The Teen Life Programme brings parents together to share information, experiences and ideas. Videos of autistic young people and examples of their views are used throughout the sessions. A Teen Life Programme Book helps families get the most from the programme.
To learn more about the Teen Life course, and how to apply, please email email@example.com