Travel assistance can include:
- accessing the independent travel training scheme where young people learn to travel independently
- help to pay for an oyster card or travel card
- a bus pass for a parent, carer or responsible adult to go with the child between home and school
- help with petrol costs for parents or carers who can transport a child to school
- help to pay for transport, for parents or carers who can arrange transport themselves
- help using an existing school bus route
- pick up and drop-off in a car or minibus, wheelchair-accessible if needed
- a licensed taxi with an assistant if needed, in exceptional circumstances.
Who can use this service?
This service is for children and young people with an education, health and care plan. For more information about whether a child or young person is eligible for help with transport to school, read our travel support policy below, or email us at email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the home-to-school transport scheme, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 020 7926 6839.